Emergency Dentist Serving Worthington Residents
Dental emergencies may not be avoidable, but you can still have a plan of action in case of emergency. If you’re a dental patient of Dr. LJ, the first step of your plan in case of dentistry emergencies should be calling our team. We’re always available whenever our patients need us most. Typically, we’re even able to provide an emergency visit on the same day you call. If you’re not sure whether or not your situation requires urgent care, we encourage you to contact our office anyway. We can discuss your concern, answer questions, and provide first aid and pain management tips over the phone. Then, we can schedule an appointment to treat your smile at a later time. Some of the common dental emergencies we see in our office include:
- Severe toothache or sensitivity to temperature changes that may indicate a need for root canal therapy
- Swollen or infected gum tissue that may be indicative of abscess
- Broken, chipped, or fractured teeth or dental restorations
- Lost teeth or dental restorations
- Damaged or bent partial and full dentures
If you experience these or other emergencies, we’ll be happy to provide dental care right away to relieve pain and get you on the road to renewed oral health.
Dental Emergency Tips
In addition to calling Dr. LJ and his team right away, there are some simple steps you can take to protect your oral health during a dental emergency. Until you reach our office, you can do the following:
- Clean the area of damage with cool water. Swish gently, and avoid removing any natural tissue.
- Bite down on gauze or a clean cloth to stop bleeding.
- Use a cold compress or ice pack at twenty minute intervals (20 on and 20 off) to reduce pain and swelling.
- Take aspirin or other over the counter pain relievers to reduce discomfort, but do not place an aspirin directly onto the area in pain as this can cause further damage.